Sunday, March 28, 2021

"Do Not Detain" Order for Party Close to Past Drug Investigations

 

https://www.avvo.com/attorney-answers/53548-wi-jay-nixon-1529181/answers.html

 

What does do not detain mean?    Never been in trouble but other people around me have for drugs I was pulled over for missing tail light and the officer said I had a do not detain order

Jay’s Answer (Jay K. Nixon, Criminal Defense Atty. with 42 years of experience in Kenosha & Janesville, WI).

We you possibly ever useful to the police as a source of information in the drug cases? If so, they sometimes return the favor in ways like this. Either way, I would still not push my luck if I were you and would instead get the tail light fixed. An arresting officer getting a teletype such as "do not detain" would likewise not save you from arrest for anything truly serious, although they might take precautions such as segregating you from other inmates, to protect you from possible reprisals while detained.

No comments: