Wednesday, March 17, 2021

A Bad Night at the Hotel Pool

 https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/authorized/can-i-press-charges-on-a-rude-and-obnoxious-hotel--5157024.html

Can I press charges on a rude and obnoxious hotel clerk? 

I checked into the Hilton hotel in an hour after being checked in I got locked out of my room for two …. I had to move rooms I go to the second room.My kids father and kids were in pool while all this went down so they didn’t have to see us changing rooms my kids dad asked third shift clerk … I had left to go get food ….a new clerk there and she had not she did not want to let my kids father back in the building so when she came outside  I was trying to let her know like hey we had a bad night… she just bluntly started saying I’m tired of people trying to get over on someone … police came I received a disorderly conduct ticket

Jay’s Answer:

We truly appreciate all the detail here.  However, your closing phrase "... I received a disorderly conduct ticket," is the one that matters. DC in Wisconsin can be a crime or a civil infraction, but either way, you probably do not want it on your record, much less to do jail time for it, so retain counsel or go to the Public Defender's Office if you can't afford to. Either way, rudeness to the person in charge (here the desk clerk), rarely gets you what you want, and might get you arrested, so try to remember that for future bad nights. It is only after the ink dries on your final judgment of acquittal in criminal court that civil claims should even be considered, and even those will be barred if any sort of conviction or plea bargain resulted.

No comments: