Friday, December 4, 2020

In Jail 68 hours away from PO with no Transportation

https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/authorized/does-the-state-of-wisconsin-offer-a-12-month-defer-5045217.html#answer_10210816

Q&A Asked in Kenosha, WI : How much time will I get for failure to appear? I just served a 90 PO sanction and I have to serve the rest of my sentence in a county 3 hours away. When i signed paperwork back in October the CO said I was I was being transferred. Upon my release k was told I need to go there on my own accord. I finally found a ride, but it will be like 68 hours from my release and was told that I would get a failure to report. Its hard to find someone to drive me 3 hours one way when I didn’t know. I understand that excuses don't matter but when I get there how much time will I serve Extra? Note* I got covid from the detention center.
1 attorney answer
📷
Jay K. Nixon, Avvo Rating: 10 Criminal Defense Attorney in Kenosha & Janesville, WI
Regrettably, if you get revoked for failure to report, you could serve the remaining balance of your entire sentence. I would try writing to the department of corrections to request a more convenient location, and/or transportation assistance. Your original case lawyer might also be able to assist you, so I would definitely look them up and call either way.

No comments: