Thursday, December 10, 2020

Early Termination Federal Probation for Agreeing to Payroll Deduction of Restitution

https://www.avvo.com/attorney-answers/53548-wi-jay-nixon-1529181/answers.html

If I get off early release from federal probation only if I agree with us attorney office and sign a garnish direct from my social security

 

Bad things happen on probation; sometimes things beyond your control, when someone from your past reaches out. These can lead to revocation and prison, but once probation is terminated, that risk fades away, You therefore have the choice of gambling future liberty in order to save a little money from your checks. For me, the choice would be obvious, but I have the advantage of having worked doing legal aid in many different prisons, back when I was a law student, and seeing the conditions in them firsthand. You, on the other hand, might very well be buying your own ticket for firsthand tour, if you pass on this opportunity to get "off paper." Either way, think it over carefully before you decide. 


No comments: