Monday, October 12, 2020

How to Handle Bullying by your PO, Absconder Warrants

 

https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/authorized/what-can-i-do-if-i-m-been-harassed--lied-to-and-se-5005853.html

 

What can I do If I’m been harassed, lied to and set up to fail by my PO in WI?

My PO threatened and bullied me into giving her a false statement Saying that I had used drugs when I had not. She claims that The lines on my drug test weren’t dark enough therefore I was using and would go to jail right now if I did not give her a statement admitting to drug use. I had to pick my daughter up from school, but she told me I was going to jail right then if I did not give her a statement saying are used drugs. I gave her the lies she demanded so I could keep my freedom. Two hours later I had an appointment at the rehabilitation place I was mandated to get counseling at by my probation officer they also gave me a drug test which came back negative as I knew it would - The next month when I met with my probation officer I...

Jay K. Nixon   3.5 stars 10 reviews   Avvo Rating: 10  Criminal Defense Attorney in Janesville & Kenosha, WI    Your lawyer should immediately negotiate your voluntary surrender on the warrant, since you are technically an absconder for every minute that passes before you do turn yourself in. For that violation, they will not need any drug tests, so there are essentially no defenses available to it. Once you are in custody, your lawyer can approach the DOC about your allegations, and suggest transfer to a new PO, or her supervisor, for further proceedings. Prior to that, however, your lawyer can hopefully have a conversation with her about your allegations, to see if the matter can be resolved ahead of time. Either way, revocations are very hard to beat, so that last thing you ever want to do is contest one, if there is any other way out of it. You also always have the option to voluntarily revoke and serve your time "inside" rather than "on the street," on supervision. You will then be free of such harassment, even if not free in any other sense of the word.

No comments: